Friday 9 November 2012

Thank You Autumn Workshop Participants.

I have to thank Angela, Jenny, Sally, Megan, Carmen, Baukje and Celia for travelling from such far flung corners of the planet to spend ten days with me at the farmhouse. Time flew. I wish we had an extra few years together so I could get across even a fraction of what I would like to share with you all. I enjoyed every minute. I was a little too ambitious with the projects. Sorry.  On the other hand, I was impressed at the mountain of items dyed. I realized how important it is to be there splashing around in the indigo and getting a feel for it's possibilities and it's limitations.




The effort gone into the shibori homework was impressive. I didn't manage to get a photograph of them all in the rush to pack and be off to your next adventures. Here are a few above. The preparation often seems easy when you are ready to see the end result of your labours. Unstitching can be a real headache! Check out Angela's indigo dyed lock. Matches her glasses perfectly.
Once again, thank you all. I hope all our indigo paths will wind around and we meet again.

Bryan


10 comments:

  1. wonderful! too many projects, too much indigo. delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing results! It would be nice to have these ladies blogs addresses so that we can read about their adventuresin Fujino.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Blandina, I think a few are on Facebook but no bloggers. I will check though. I have a cute video of Snoopy sitting on my lap watching the flower arrangement teacher. I'll get that up.
      bryan

      Delete
  3. fantastic homework. the house must seem very quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you please give information about any future indigo workshops, you may be hosting. This one sounds fantastic.

    Chimo,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work indeed. One day maybe that trek will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the thanks are owed to you Bryan and your wonderful Fujino friends for taking such care with us! Thank you for beautifully articulating so many aspects of Japan, its culture, people and arts. It's clear why you are so loved and embraced by your friends & family.

    My family loved seeing the pictures and hearing all the stories--it made them want to go back to Japan soon.

    Looking forward to our paths crossing in Vancouver.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Megan,
      I have the store opening next week and am submerged in that. I still have a warm smile on my face. It was such an easy and pleasant time.
      see you in Vancouver.
      bryan

      Delete